NIPPON FONT TYPE
text H1 red example
text H2 blue example
text H3 green example
text H4 orange example
text H5 green example
bold, blue text
purple, italics text
A Kid’s Place is always seeking to improve the quality of experience for staff and all persons served. Our focus on cultural competency and diversity will enable us to improve our ability to provide culturally sensitive services to the individuals we serve as well as our employees.
We strive in maintaining an organizational culture in which a person-centered philosophy an approach is consistently reinforced through our values, beliefs, and management style of our leadership.
- Children enter foster care as a result of someone else’s actions.
- Children who have been abused or neglected experience trauma and their first need is for healing.
- In any given moment, children are doing the best they can.
- Children will do well if they know how.
- Children are best served when everyone involved strives to do their personal best.
- To be truly effective in working with children, one must possess a passion to serve children.
- We are never done growing and learning.
- Change is constant.
- Gossiping demoralizes everyone. It is always disrespectful.
- You are in charge of your attitude. It is always your choice. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we respond.
- Only by working together can we maximize our gifts.
- People-adults as well as children-are most successful in a positive environment where praises offered frequently.
Focus: When we all focus on the needs of the child – not ourselves or one another – we create a stronger more effective environment for everyone.
Team Work: Our children need us-all of us, working together, committed and caring.
End Mediocrity: Aim high. Good enough falls short.
Pain brings gain: Embrace growth. Be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone to experience growth.
Flexibility: Advancements and improvements only happen with change. Embrace change – be part of the improvement process.
Lift it up & make it right: Bring issues into the sunshine. Bring the right issue to the right person at the right time in the right manner.
End blaming: Mistakes happen. Rather than focusing on blame, let’s learn from the mistake, solve the problem, and move forward.
Praise: Be aware of the positive in others. Praise is most useful when given freely, truthfully, and often.
Own it: When you’re looking for the problem, start with yourself.
Role Models: Model the behavior you want to see from others.
Self Nurturing: Be good to yourself every day. It keeps the burnout away.
Don’t say no: Say yes with qualifiers.
Expect the unexpected: We don’t know our children. It’s always a learning experience.
In Context: Rules are not more important than the child. Understand the situation and act accordingly.
Get up and go: Show the children things they haven’t seen. Allow them to experience the world.
When all else fails: Your relationship with a child-the best tool in your toolbox. Building relationships don’t happen when you are merely a spectator.
A Kid’s Place provides residential services to children of all ages who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect. Our primary focus is to keep sibling groups together in a safe, stable, home-like environment until more permanent placement can be provided. A Kid’s Place has the following job openings.
Interested candidates should check the links below for more information and instructions for each position.
No phone calls, please.
- House Parents – We are currently recruiting for single and/or couple House Parents. Our House Parent(s) are involved in teaching social skills, self-help skills, and independent living skills. House Parents administer the day-to-day operations of a family residence including documentation and domestic responsibilities. House Parents working schedule is now 7 days onsite/7 days off. Please click here for more information
- Relief Youth Counselors – A Kid’s Place is currently hiring Relief Youth Counselors. This position is responsible for the direct day-to-day care of children placed at A Kid’s Place This is a part-time position with an average of 20 hours a week. The working schedule will vary between of 8am-11pm, including weekends. Please click here for more information
At A Kid’s Place, you are part of our family and we recognize that extensive benefits programs are important to our employees and their families. We also recognize the role the organization plays in your health and wellness; therefore, we are committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits.
Eligible employees are offered to elect the following:
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance plans and a Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Plan with organization match of up to 3% after 1 year of eligible employment
- 20 days of annual awarded Paid Time Off for full-time staff/ 7 days for House Parents
- Group Life, Short & Long Term Disability Plans and other supplemental options
Health and wellness benefits begin 1st of the month following 30 days of hire.
To apply for one of the above positions, please send us your completed application and/or resume and cover letter to:
A Kid’s Place
Attn: Human Resources
1715 Lithia Pinecrest Road
Brandon, FL 33511